Words – Cosmonaut – Adjustments

Here I shall list the small adjustments I have chosen to make to the design for the word ‘cosmonaut’. This blog post has been delayed as although I sorted these adjustments out earlier this week, I wanted to wait for an interim crit for both tutors and other students to look at my work, in case there were suggestions for improvements.

Images: When I made the design first of all as a trial, I did not check that the images were of a suitable quality to print, at 300dpi. Therefore once I decided to go with this idea as a final proposal, I have changed all the imagery to suit.

Cosmonaut image: For the image of the Cosmonaut I increased the opacity from 50% to 70%, as it was a bit too faded before. Now it looks bright enough to be easily visible, but it is possible to see a few bright stars behind it.

Before
Before
After
After

Sputnik image: I added a Outer Glow in red to make it stand out more against the background, although this effect has been negated a little bit by the top few layers. I will need to test print again to check everything is suitable before I submit the design.

General Improvements: I played around with a few settings here and there such as opacity for individual layers as well as different colours and Layer Styles just to ensure the finishing touches were applied to the design and that I had not missed anything I could have done.

Here is how the design now looks:

Final Design

Advertisements